Local BAH rates charts for Military Housing Areas in the state of District of Columbia.
MHA: DC053 - Military Housing Area Name: WASHINGTON, DC METRO AREA
|Grade||With Dependents||Without Dependents|
About half the U.S. Counties (about 1,500) have little to no military population. While half the zip codes is significant, less than two percent of service members that are eligible for Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) are within these counties. In order to account for these service members there are approximately 30 separate County Cost Groups (CCGs) assigned, each with similar housing costs. Use the BAH Calculator to enter your zip code to determine your Military Housing Area (MHA) aka County Cost Group. They range from ZZ510 to ZZ890 in increments of 10.
Military bases in District of Columbia (not a complete list):
- Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C., Washington DC
- Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington DC
- Fort McNair, Washington DC
- Marine Safety Center, Washington DC
- Marine Barracks, Washington DC
- National Response Center, Washington DC
- Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC
- Navy Yard, Washington DC
- The Pentagon, Washington DC
- Walter Reed, Washington DC
BAH rates listed are for all branches of the military; Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and Reserves forces, where applicable.
|Housing & Home Ownership||BAH Rates Explained|
|Money & Finance||Military and Veteran Discounts|