List of work from home jobs, portable careers and additional income opportunities for military spouses, veterans and reservists.
Work at Home Jobs for Military Spouses
- Work for a Major Corporation – Companies like Xerox offer work from home opportunities including customer care, administrative support, data entry, software programming and much. The even have a program called [email protected] that seeks qualified veterans and military spouses. AT&T and many other corporations have opportunities as well.
- WFH Home Jobs – Check out Indeed.com or Flexjobs.com for companies hiring to work from home.
- Amazon – Amazon has part-time, full-time, and virtual options available. With or without a degree, Amazon has positions available.
- Social Media Superstar – Do what you love and showcase it online. It’s a lot of work to start and until you build an audience it’s difficult but if you’re willing to put in the work and be patient, the rewards can be great. Opportunities include Podcasting, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Twitch, Snap Chat and much more.
- Online Tutor/Teacher – Online education is a booming industry and tutoring and teaching positions are out there if you have the credentials and experience. Check Tutor.com or Kaplan University among the many options out there.
- Prepared Meals/Dinners – Cook meals for neighborhood families and optionally deliver for families that don’t have time to cook on their own every night. The best part is that you can set the frequency such as daily, every Thursday night or several times a week. The profits can add up quickly, for instance if you have 15 families/orders at $30 a meal that’s $450 less your food cost. Plus, your families dinner is cooked and ready as well. Take it to another level with parent and kids meals, healthy, organic and/or gluten free. For more information read “How to Start a Meals to Go Business“.
- Travel Agent – If you love to travel you can partner with an accredited host agency to plan travel for others. American Express has many work at home positions available and so do many other travel agencies.
- Call Center Representative – An emerging trend is “home shore” representatives and companies like Sykes are specifically offering employment to military spouses.
- Start an Ecommerce Business – Starting a business online is easier than ever with Ecommerce platforms like Shopify who will even teach you how to start an Ecommerce business.
- Etsy Shop – If you love to make crafts, homemade products or source treasures from flea marketers, Etsy is a great place for you to start an Etsy Shop and sell online.
- Set up an Online Course – Apply your unique skills to creating an online training course and sell on platforms such as Udemy or Skillshare.
- Medical Transcriptionist – Transcribe recorded messages from medical professionals to written medical documents.
- Recruiter – Get affiliated with a Human Resource recruiting agency and work independently from home. There are thousands of them.
- Teach or Tutor Online – Companies such as Kaplan, Tutor.com and many others offer positions as tutors and online instructors. Typically the same qualifications and educational requirements need to be met as traditional tutors and teachers.
- Article Writing – Write articles about your experience as a military spouse. On base magazines and military websites are often times looking for writers. Google “write for us military” and you’ll get a lot of results from sites like NextGenMilitarySpouse.
- Freelance Work – Try websites such as Freelancer and UpWork that connect people with companies that pay for personal assistance, data entry, article writing, graphic design, translators and much more.
- Start a Blog – Blog writing can be fun and profitable while writing about things you love. Once successful you can join blog networks such as BlogHer to further increase your income and have a successful website such as ArmyWife101. Some of these military wives make thousands of dollars every month.
Other Ways to Make Money from Home
- Sign Up For SwagBucks – Earn gift cards for watching videos, completing surveys and buying items you would already buy. There are also many other sites out there that pay your for similar work. Search for Get Paid To sites or GPT sites.
- Shop Online – Sign up for sites likes ebates or Rakuten and get cash back by shopping through their app.
- Sell Online – There is a market for everything whether you want to make, refurbish or resell online. Items can be bought at garage sales, found around the house or bought on sale at deep discounted prices and resold online. Ebay.com is a great place to get started and if your artistic and like to make things try Etsy. Get savvy about an items worth online through sites such as ebay and start buying and selling online. This could also be listed in the jobs section because for many this is a full time very profitable business/job.
- Thrift Store Flipping – Every thrift store and flea market offers a real treasure hunt for anyone willing to do the work. Find your niche and turn that out of production item found at Goodwill into big bucks online.
- Sell Photos – Have photography skills? People and companies will pay to use stock photography. Photography sites to check out include Shutterstock and Getty Images.
- Get Paid for Completing Tasks – Join Amazon’s Mturk.com or Fiverr.com and get paid to complete small and large tasks.
- Research, Opinions & Surveys– Get paid to do research or for your opinion through American Consumer Opinion.
- Be a Juror – Be on a mock jury and help attorneys get prepared for trial. Sites include eJury.com, OnlineVerdict.com and TrialPractice.com.
For more opportunities check out job and niche work websites for additional ideas on how to make a little more money to seeking a full time job while at home.