Active duty military, reserves and veterans are eligible for military and veteran discounts from many of the major wireless service providers. See our list of major wireless carriers that offer wireless military and veteran cell phone discounts.
AT & T Military & Veteran Discount
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military, Spouses (including spouses of deceased military), Families, & Veterans
25% discount on qualified monthly wireless plans including the AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan, AT&T Unlimited Extra, and AT&T Unlimited Elite.
Sign up online or in store with a .mil email address or verify eligibility with a Veterans designated driver’s license, DD214, retired military ID, AMVETS card, VHIC card or VetRewards Card from Veterans Advantage.
Additionally, use the VetRewards Card to get a DirecTV military discount on new service.
To receive the ATT military discount visit a local store bring valid proof of service (DD form 214, Veterans or Military ID) and mention FAN code 4085530.
Other FAN codes include:
- Air Force FAN/Code: 2421652
- Army – 2421660
- Navy – 2421954
- Marines – 2421958
- Coast Guard – 2422480
- Veteran – 4085530
Boost Mobile (combined with Virgin Mobile)
Boost mobile allows service men and women to suspend their service while deployed overseas.
Shop Boost Mobile Deals that are offered.
Cricket Wireless Mobile Military Discount
Cricket wireless does not offer a military discount although they have in the past.
Shop Cricket Wireless Mobile Deals that are offered including promotional discounts, auto pay credits, refer a friend and group save discounts.
Sprint Active Duty, Reserve and Veteran Discounts
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans
Also eligible: State, local and federal employees, Teachers, Healthcare Workers, First Responders.
Sprint offers exclusive discounts for military personnel through Sprint Perks and the Unlimited Military plan, which is a discount on their Unlimited Basic plan and includes 50% off family lines with unlimited data. The discount is available to veterans, active duty and reserves.
The Unlimited Military plan includes:
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited talk and text nationwide, Mexico and Canada
- TV, with Prime, Tidal, & Hulu limited commercial plan
- 100 GB mobile hotspot
- DVD-quality streaming
- Global roaming in more than 185 worldwide locations; unlimited talk and text in Mexico and Canada; and 5GB of 4G LTE data.
The Unlimited Premium Plan Features Include:
- Amazon Prime: Exclusive deals and endless entertainment.
- 100 Gigs of Mobile Hotspot: Keep the kids entertained and stay connected while you work.
- Hulu: Watch thousands of movies, shows and more.
- Tidal: Listen to your favorite tracks.
Additional Programs for the Military
- Exclusive discounts through Sprint Perks.
- Services and equipment for those experiencing hearing loss through Sprint CapTel.
- Deployed Military Program lets customers remain on their original service plan and keep their phone number for up to 36 months.
- For veterans facing financial hardships, Assurance Wireless has a Lifeline Assistance program.
- Partnership with the VA’s telehealth program.
Sprint will also donate $10 to the Fisher House Foundation for all new military/veteran accounts.
Sprint also allows you to suspend your Sprint service without having to pay monthly charges while you’re deployed overseas. Your account won’t expire and you’ll retain your phone numbers.
T-Mobile Military Phone Plan – Active Duty, Reserves, Retired Military & Veteran Discount
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans, Gold Star Families
The T-Mobile Magenta and Magenta Plus Military plans provides $25 to $35 off each line on up to 4 phone lines. The Magenta and Magenta Plus Military plans include the following:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data
- 5GB of 4G data in Mexico & Canada
- 1-hour of Inflight Wi-Fi
- Free mobile hotspot data
- SD Streaming
- Taxes & fees included
- Texting & data abroad to over 140 countries
- Netflix Standard to watch on your TV, smartphone, table or other device
- Free stuff weekly
- Magenta Plus also includes HD streaming, 2x data speed, unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi, free Netflix & Quibi for first year, name ID and voicemail to text
U.S. Cellular Active Duty Military Discount
Eligible: Active Duty, veterans
Customers can receive 15% off calling plan fees on individual single line and/or Family plans.
This plan includes all branches of the military that are on active duty or veterans.
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- Space Force
- National Guard
Verizon Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard & Veteran Discount
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans, Gold Star Families.
Also eligible: First responders, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, emergency medical services and state and local law enforcement, nurses and teachers, corporate employee discounts (for companies with corporate agreements in place).
Verizon Wireless Military Discount
Verizon wireless provides a 15% discount on monthly plans and a 25% discount on accessories is also available. All government employees including active duty, reserves, and national guard are eligible. This discount is also extended to retired military, veterans and their families through Veterans Advantage.
Military families can also take advantage of the following deals:
- $15 off one line
- $25 off two lines
- $40 off three or more lines
Verizon FIOS Military Discount
The Verizon Connections plan get exclusive military discounts when you order new FIO service online including:
- Monthly plan savings
- Free Disney + for 12 months
- Savings on Unlimited Wireless
Shop all deals and discounts at Verizon.
Metro by T-Mobile (formerly Metro PCS)
Currently there are no Metro military discounts available.
Shop Metro by T-Mobile Deals that are offered.
A few things to keep in mind…
1. Most wireless carriers provide a 15% discount to the primary phone number and varying discounts for each additional number.
2. If you current have a cellular service plan without the discount most wireless carriers will apply the discount to your account on a go forward basis.
3. Typically a two year service agreement must be established or an existing service agreement must be renewed for an additional two years to qualify for the discount.
4. Ask for a manager if the customer service representative is unaware of any discount.
5. If you don’t see your desired wireless carrier on this list call the carrier and ask if they offer a military or veteran discount.
6. Be sure to compare the carrier’s. The best discount may not mean it’s the best priced plan for your needs or that it’s a suitable carrier in your area.
7. Most wireless military discounts are part of the Department of Defense Handheld Wireless Enterprise Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) Sponsorship Program which is available to all Federal Government employees for service plans and to purchase wireless devices and accessories for personal use.
Phone Device and Accessories Military Discounts
The Apple Veterans and Military Store is available to current Military personnel and Veterans of the U.S. Military, National Guard and Reserve. and for their immediate family members who live in the same household. Veterans and Military personnel receive a 10% discount on Apple products and accessories as a thank you for your service.
Active Duty, Veterans & Dependents get 20% off element phone cases.
All active, veteran, retired, and reservist personnel are eligible to take 10% off Motorola products.
Receive discounts to the electronic products upon verification with your .mil email address. Use the link to sign-up for this discount.