Active duty military, reserves and veterans are eligible for military and veteran discounts from many of the major cell phone service providers. See our list of major wireless carriers that offer wireless military and veteran cell phone discounts.
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military, Spouses & Veterans
55% discount on qualified monthly wireless plans.
The AT&T discount applies to AT&T Unlimited & More or AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless plan.
- 25 percent off wireless service (One line is $60 a month; a savings of $20 off the regular $80 a month. The discounts increase as extra lines are added. For example, four lines for a family would be $135 a month ; a savings of $45 off the regular $180 a month.) With additional discounts for autopay and paperless bills, one line is $52.50; four lines are $120.
- $15 discount per month on certain video services, including DIRECTV or DIRECTV NOW; and
- $15 discount per month on certain AT&T internet services.
To receive the ATT military discount visit a local store bring valid proof of service (DD form 214, Veterans or Military ID) and mention FAN code 4085530.
Other FAN codes include:
- Air Force FAN/Code: 2421652
- Army – 2421660
- Navy – 2421954
- Marines – 2421958
- Coast Guard – 2422480
- Veteran – 4085530
Boost mobile allows service men and women to suspend their service while deployed overseas.
Cricket Wireless/ A1 Mobile Military & Retired Military Discount
Eligible: Active Duty & Retired Military
Get 15% off a monthly plan for all active duty and retired military service members. Stop by any location. This heroes discount also includes law enforcement and fire personnel.
No contract is required for this discount.
Update: This is no longer offered. See official response from Cricket:
Will the new Cricket still offer military or friends & family discounts? Can I keep them?
When you transition to the new Cricket you will need to choose a new Cricket (GSM) rate plan so you can take advantage of our nationwide 4G LTE network. We’ve made it simple and affordable with plans starting at just $25/month with all taxes and fees included. You can also enjoy additional discounts, such as our $5 Auto Pay credit each month or Group Save discounts, both available for plans beginning at $40.
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans
Sprint offers the Unlimited Military plan, which is a discount on their Unlimited Basic plan and includes 50% off on additional lines. The discount is available to veterans, active duty and reserves.
- The first line costs $60 a month.
- The second line is $20 a month, compared with $40 for the standard plan.
- The third, fourth and fifth lines are $10 a month, compared with $20 a month for the standard plan.
The Unlimited Military plan includes:
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited talk and text nationwide, Mexico and Canada
- TV, with Hulu limited commercial plan
- 500 MB mobile hotspot
- DVD-quality streaming
- Global roaming in more than 185 worldwide locations; unlimited talk and text in Mexico and Canada; and 5GB of 4G LTE data.
Sprint will also donate $30 to the Fisher House Foundation for all new military/veteran accounts.
Sprint also allows you to suspend your Sprint service without having to pay monthly charges while you’re deployed overseas. Your account won’t expire and you’ll retain your phone numbers.
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans, Gold Star Families
The T-Mobile ONE Military plan provides 20% off the first phone line, 50% off each line after that and up to 50% off select Samsung phones. The ONE Military plan includes the following:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data
- Unlimited in Mexico & Canada
- In-flight texting + 1 hour of data
- Free mobile hotspot data
- Stream unlimited entertainment
- Taxes & fees included
- Texting & data abroad to over 140 countries
- Netflix Standard to watch on your TV, smartphone, table or other device
Eligible: Active Duty
Active Duty customers can receive 15% off calling plan fees on individual single line and/or Family plans.
This plan includes all branches of the military that are on active duty, serving full time in their military capacity. Part time service members are not eligible.
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- National Guard
To determine if you qualify for the Military Discount, call 1-888-944-9400 or 611 from your U.S. Cellular wireless phone to receive the 15% discount.
Eligible: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired Military & Veterans, Gold Star Families.
Verizon wireless provides a 15% discount on monthly plans and a 25% discount on accessories is also available. All government employees including active duty, reserves, and national guard are eligible. This discount is also extended to retired military, veterans and their families through Veterans Advantage.
Military families can also take advantage of the following deals:
• $15 off one line
• $35 off two lines
• $40 off three or more lines
Currently there is no Metro PCS military discount available.
Currently there is no Virgin military discount available.
A few things to keep in mind…
1. Most wireless carriers provide a 15% discount to the primary phone number and varying discounts for each additional number.
2. If you current have a cellular service plan without the discount most wireless carriers will apply the discount to your account on a go forward basis.
3. Typically a two year service agreement must be established or an existing service agreement must be renewed for an additional two years to qualify for the discount.
4. Ask for a manager if the customer service representative is unaware of any discount.
5. If you don’t see your desired wireless carrier on this list call the carrier and ask if they offer a military or veteran discount.
6. Be sure to compare the carrier’s. The best discount may not mean it’s the best priced plan for your needs or that it’s a suitable carrier in your area.
7. Most wireless military discounts are part of the Department of Defense Handheld Wireless Enterprise Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) Sponsorship Program which is available to all Federal Government employees for service plans and to purchase wireless devices and accessories for personal use.