Military Families like Black Friday according to a First Command Financial Behaviors Index study. This index revealed that active-duty families are “more likely than their civilian counterparts to shop on Black Friday.” The study also revealed that 37 percent of military families plan to do most or all holiday shopping on this day compared to only 27 percent of the general population.
Here are some other statistics about Black Friday.
- Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year and the weekend is the biggest as well.
- 226 million shoppers visited stores and websites during the 2011 4 day holiday weekend (Thursday-Sunday).
- The National Retail Federation predicts that 2012 holiday sales will rise by 4.1% from 2011.
- 41.4% begin their shopping before Halloween.
- According to the Kellogg Shopper Index 12 percent of men say they always use mobile devices to check prices while shopping in stores, versus 5 percent of women.
- A few Thanksgiving drinks is not conducive to early morning shopping. Admittedly, this is a more anecdotal observation than statistic.