Many health clubs and gyms honor military personnel with discount gym memberships and enrollment fees. The perfect discount for the many military personnel who enjoy staying fit. Below is our list of health clubs and gyms that offer military discounts and those that don’t!
Health Club and Gym Military Discounts
Anytime Fitness – Participating Anytime Fitness locations offer membership discounts to military members. Policies vary depending on location so check with the location nearest you.
CrossFit – Military discount policies vary from location to location. Some do not mention the availability of a military or veterans discount, while others indicate that one is available upon request with a valid form of identification. If you’re interested in joining Crossfit, call the locations nearest you to see what discounts they may offer.
Crunch Fitness – While the Crunch Fitness website does not indicate that a military membership is available, there are reports that several locations offer discounts to their military patrons with a valid ID. Contact your local Crunch Fitness directly to see if they offer a military discount.
Equinox – Equinox doesn’t offer a military discount but there is a way to save $300 a year on the membership and the deal is even better for Active Duty Servicemembers and their spouses. One of the American Express Platinum cards perks is a $300 Equinox Credit (get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships). The annual fee is $695 but American Express waives the annual fees for military personnel, their spouses.
Golds Gym – Check with your local Gold’s Gym. Participating locations offer low enrollment and discounted monthly dues for active and retired military, police, firefighters, and first responders. Proof of eligibility with a current military ID must be presented at enrollment. Gold’s Gym has work out at home options that include Gold’s Gym On Demand and Les Mills Workouts.
OrangeTheory – OrangeTheory Gyms are independently owned and operated franchises and military discounts vary by location. Reports indicate that participating OrangeTheory locations offer $10 off membership packages for military members with valid identification.
UFC Gym – Military members can receive a complimentary 30-day pass to UFC Gym when they visit a location and mention the Harley Davidson Military Program. Participation may vary by location.
YMCA – Participating YMCA’s offer memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel where a serviceman or woman is currently deployed. Check the YMCA site for details and eligibility.
YouFit – Youfit gyms offer complimentary 3-month memberships to veterans and first responders. Valid identification is required to receive the discount.
Local Gyms & Fitness Centers – Many local facilities offer military discounts. Just ask!
Gym & Health Club chains that don’t offer military discounts. Individual locations may offer a discount but there is not a recognized chain-wide discount. Many franchise locations are known to give military discounts. Always check first with your local gym including these listed below.
Do NOT Offer Military Discounts
- 24 Hour Fitness (Military Discount discontinued as of 2016)
- Bally Total Fitness
- Curves for Women
- LA Fitness
- LifeTime Fitness
- Planet Fitness
- Retro Fitness
- Snap Fitness
- Urban Active
- World Gym
Home Fitness Military Discounts
Veterans, reservists & active duty are eligible for the military waiver program which waives the Coach Business Service Fee (BSF).
All military members are eligible to receive 10% off purchases at BodyBuilding.com, including their BodyFit on-demand fitness programs. Access over 2,500 workouts, how-to videos, workout plans and more. Prices start at $3.99 per month.
10%-30% military discount on home gyms, weights, treadmills, exercise bikes and more. Contact their customer service at 1.800.618.8853.
Active duty, veterans and dependents plus police, fire and EMTs get a 15% discount on any Echelon Connect Bike, Reflect, or Rower.
Active military, veterans and first responders receive an ongoing discount of 10% on all orders.
Get a 10% heroes discount is valid on the Hydrow rower, under machine mat, and the upright storage kit. To access your GovX discount, visit The Hydrow Shop and enter your valid government ID information in the GovX ID widget found in your shopping cart. Offer includes veterans, active duty, retired military, reserves, military spouses and families, first responders, firefighters, police officers, government employees and more.
5% discount for active duty or veteran, federal law enforcement officer/agent, fire & EMS or active officer/agent of an U.S. Emergency Agency.
The MIRROR military discount offers active, reservist military members and their spouses, veterans, active emergency first responders and doctors, nurses and support workers 25% off the cost of The Mirror, 3 months free subscription, free delivery & installation. For promo code email [email protected] or call at +1 (888) 288-1588.
Peloton gives you an effective professional workout at home with state of the art bikes and treads. Stream on-demand and live instructor-led classes at home. The equipment and packages are not discounted, but military and veterans are eligible to receive a free essentials package with the purchase of a bike or tread. Get earbuds, one set of weights, and one pair of cycling shoes with the purchase of a bike, or resistance bands, two sets of weights, and an exercise mat with the purchase of a tread. The discount is not available online. To receive the discount, purchase must be made in a showroom, or call 1-866-650-1996.
Tonal Home Gym Equipment
Active Duty, Veterans & Dependents, Police, Fire and EMT, Doctors, Nurses & medical staff are eligible for a one-time discount code.
Other Ways to Get a Health Club Discount or Save Money on Gyms
- Student, Family, Senior Citizen discounts – Many gyms offer reduced rates for senior citizens, students or family members.
- Employer Discount – Some companies partner with local health clubs to provide discounts to employees.
- Low Income Discount – Some gyms such as the YMCA offer low income or unemployed discounts.
- Health Insurance Discount – Some health insurance plans cover a portion or all of a health club membership.
- Off Peak Hours Discount – While often not advertised if some gyms offer discounts for memberships that can only be used during non-peak hours.
- Warehouse Clubs – Warehouse clubs such as Costco often times have discounted plans that can be purchased at gyms such as 24 hour fitness.
- Community Centers – Many community centers have fitness centers and often times great perks such as a pool or tennis courts. Typically the cost to join the community center is much less than a health club membership.
- Colleges & Universities – Check with the local colleges and universities as some allow general access at a low cost. If you’re an alumni this may provide access as well.
- Volunteer – Volunteer at a YMCA or community center for the free access. You’re serving the community while staying fit.
- Promotions – There is always a gym membership promotion right around the corner for every holiday, month etc. If you can be patient wait for the next promotion.
- Negotiate – Know the competing rates and negotiate with the sales person. The quoted price is often only the starting point.