Black Friday is upon us and for many in the military community this means taking advantage of all the great deals and savings that will be out there. Here are some Black Friday tips to get you started.
Black Friday is November 27, 2020 and Cyber Monday is on November 30, 2020.
Find Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals at the exchanges and retailers.
- Black Friday Ads – Microsoft Bing has compiled all the major Black Friday print ads into into one place.
- Make a List/Stick to a Budget – Have a plan and know exactly what you’re looking for down to the size, make or model. Know the prices for the exact product before the sales start so you know you’re getting a deal.
- Price Comparison – Review Black Friday sites to discover the great deals that will be out there. Many of these sites allow you to set up email or text alerts.
- Price Match Guarantees – Military in-store and online exchanges offer price match guarantees on Black Friday and through December 25th. Read individual exchange policies as there are limitations. Such as the exchanges will not match advertised prices on doorbuster deals in limited quantity.
- Check online before heading out – The online deals for the same product often go on sale before the doors open, even Thanksgiving night. Especially if you’re on the West coast as online sales can start on East coast time so you might be able to start buying the same in-store products early Thanksgiving night.
- Rolling Deals – Many stores are trying to maintain interest in Black Friday by offering rolling deals that start at various times throughout the day.
- Discounted Gift Cards – Buy discounted gift cards online before heading out. Visit sites such as CardPool, GiftCardGranny and Raise.
- Sign-up for Emails – Many offers are exclusive or only announced through newsletters.
- Shop in-store Thanksgiving night – Check store hours but some stores will be open starting Thanksgiving night and some on Wednesday night.
- Have a game plan – Get to the stores with the best deals first before everything is gone. Know where you’re going next so you don’t waste precious time.
- Bring the ads/coupons – Retailers don’t always have everything in order so bring the ads in case you’re not seeing the advertised price on the digital camera you’re looking for.
- Compare Prices – A deal is not always a deal especially for military families who get military discounts year round.
- Keep your receipt – Some retailers don’t allow returns without receipts. Better yet, ask for a gift receipt, if it’s a gift.
- Combine Black Friday deals with Military Discounts – If you see a great deal check to see if you get a military or veterans discount. Not all stores allow this so read the fine print or call ahead to confirm.
- Local Commissaries – Check with your local commissary for Black Friday deals.
- Military Exchanges – Review the Black Friday ads at the local exchanges, BXMarts, NEXMarts or CXMarts. For Black Friday ads and sale information through the weekend Click Here.
- Online Military Exchanges – Shop the online military exchange stores for additional Black Friday sales not available in-store.
- Veterans Can Shop the Exchanges Online – Effective 11/11/17 veterans can now shop the exchanges.
- Military STAR Card – Use your ECP STAR card at the exchanges for additional discounts and savings.
- Avoid Holiday Scams – Buy from trusted sources and beware that if the deal is too good to be true, it just might be.
- Wait for Cyber Monday – Didn’t find what you’re looking for? That’s okay, don’t settle for the next best thing and wait til Cyber Monday to get you really want for that special someone.
- Stay Out of the Red – There is a lot of frenzy, excitement and great deals but don’t forget forget about the credit card bills that will arrive shortly thereafter.
- Long Lines in the Freezing Cold – If you’re crazy enough to wait overnight for the stores to open just make sure you don’t eat the yellow snow.
|Thanksgiving||Adopt a Soldier for the Holidays|
|How to Help Veterans During the Holidays||Holiday Shopping Tips on a Military Budget|
|Holiday Shipping/Mailing Dates||Black Friday-Cyber Monday Deals|