Can I Transfer My GI Bill Benefits to My Wife or Husband?

Great news here, on August 1, 2009 the Department of Defense began permitting eligible Armed Forces member’s (active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted) to transfer their remaining GI Bill® Benefits to their wife, husband or children. 

How Do I Transfer my GI Bill Benefits to My Wife or Husband? 

You can transfer your benefits to your spouse or children by submitting a Transferability of Education Benefits form.

Can I Revoke My Ex-Wife’s / Ex -Husband’s GI Bill Benefits?

While these circumstances are unfortunate, transferred benefits can be revoked or adjusted at any time and includes all dependents such as a spouse or child currently receiving GI Bill Benefits.

How Do I Revoke My Ex-Wife’s /Ex-Husband’s GI Bill Benefits?

To revoke benefits to your spouse contact the Department of Veteran Affairs.  If you simply wish to adjust the number of months provided to your spouse or child you can do so by re-submitting the TEB form with the adjusted number of months.

Many conditions apply to determine eligibility and are covered here: Post-9/11 GI Bill Transferability.

Video on transferability eligibility: Focuses on how service members can transfer benefits to their dependents, spouse or children.

Related Articles
Post 9/11 GI Bill Overview Are my Post 911 GI Bill Benefits taxable?
Can I Transfer My GI Bill Benefits to My Wife? Post-9/11 GI Bill – Transfer Benefits to Spouse or Dependents
Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) for Post 9/11 GI Bill Post-9/11 GI Bill 2014-2015 Payment Rates
Post 9/11 GI Bill BAH Rate for Online Colleges Post 9/11 GI Bill Video Guides – Common Questions Answered
Post 9/11 GI Bill Unknown Benefits Military Friendly Colleges Guide