Military Voting – Where to Register and How to Vote Absentee

Your vote counts and for members of the Armed Forces it can be difficult to determine where to register and how to vote absentee.   Here is a quick guide for members of the military and their families to use in order to make sure your voice is heard and counted.

How to Register to Vote and/or Absentee Vote:You Vote Counts

Federal Post Card Application – To register to vote and/or absentee vote complete the FPCA form.  You can go the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website and use their friendly wizard to guide you through the process.  This site assists active-duty service members, Public Health Service, NOAA, Merchant Marines and their family members.  It will also guide U.S. citizens who are living outside the United States for school, work or any other reason.

None of the Above Apply:

If none of the above options apply to you can go to the Can I Vote website which was created by state election officials to help you figure out how and where to vote.

Where to Send Election Materials such as Voter Registration and/or Absentee Ballots?

Go to the FVAP site which provides an easy to use guide in order to determine where and how to send election materials.  Mailing election materials is free if when mailed from any United States post office, U.S. embassy, consulate or APO/FPO mail facility.  Some states all fax or email.

Other ways to contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) for Assistance:

Call – Toll-free: 1-800-438-VOTE (8683) or Click Here for Toll Free International Numbers.

DOD FVAP Facebook Page – Like them on Facebook for election updates.

FVAP Twitter Page – Follow them on Twitter for election updates.

Related Articles
Military and Veteran Discounts Veteran Jobs
Money & Finance Education